- The librarian is added to the online course and has access to its content/syllabus/discussion.
- The librarian takes an initiative to provide research assistance, as the course progresses and the research projects begin. This may happen formally or through various discussion threads, informally.
- The librarian will provide a document to the instructors to be loaded into Blackboard identifying her services, etc so the students understand that a librarian is available on-line with them.
- The instructors must add the librarian to the blackboard course, with access to the discussion board.
- The Embedded Librarian services are flexible. The instructors must provide guidelines related to the depth of the Embedded Librarian’s participation in the course.
- The instructors must provide information to the librarian, related to their reference needs, as the course progresses.
- The instructors refers questions/problems to the librarian, as appropriate. These questions will, when they require library research assistance, be forwarded to the librarian.
The standard information literacy workshops, provided by the library staff, would be provided to the students through this online format, either sequentially (as the course progresses) or as a unit, at a specifically designated time.
Trial Date: Summer 2012 Session
Meetings / emails with the instructors:
Initial Contact to the Instructors: April 16, 2012
Embedded librarian research: April 16 to May 15 (journals, discussion with library director and instruction librarian, list serve review)
Plan Developed: May 15-18, 2012
Presentation (via e-mail) to instructor participants, Library Director, Instruction Librarian, English department head. Library Director will cc Deans o A&S and B&P, and Provost
Program Review: July 30, 2012
- Michele Gregg, Librarian
- Todd Crisp-Simon, English instructor
- Joan Kalley, English instructor
- John Price, Business instructor
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Tri-County Technical College
P.O. Box 587
Pendleton, SC 29670
864-646-1755; 864-646-1543 (fax)